Friday, August 19, 2011

questions for Charlie


Name: Charlie Turner
Family: I married my college sweetheart, Melissa, in 2002. We have three children: Dean, Millie, and Stella Belle (ages 6,5,3).
What do you do? I am a member of Redeemer Presbyterian Church. I lead RPC College Ministry. I own a Snow Cone business called the Snow Shack.
What is something interesting about yourself? I was a Baptist for the first twenty-nine and a half years of my life. I spent almost 10 of those years as youth pastor, music pastor, associate pastor in different churches. When I felt the Lord leading me in the Presbyterian direction, I left my job in a cozy Baptist church office, opened the Snow Shack with my wife, and joined RPC.

Why college ministry? I love learning and growing in God's word. I love teaching people almost as much as I love learning. College students are at an exciting stage in life... making important life decisions, becoming responsible adults, etc. They ask great questions and search for deep answers. I have always loved teaching college-aged people. Melissa and I have the RPC group in our home every Thursday night for Bible study. It's the highlight of our week.
What's next? Hopefully move our Bible Study to the campus of Coastal College of Georgia (we're currently having a little trouble with the CCG allowing us on campus for Bible Study). Keep running the Snow Shack to support my family financially. Begin the process of licensure in the PCA church.

See more about the Snow Shack here. Follow Snow Shack on twitter here. Find Charlie and Melissa on facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment